New Dragon Eye Composition

Ok this is the rough draft of my new composition,.. there will be deep etchings of symbols in the dragons skin and a clearer reflection of the inside of the black hole in the dragons eye. Taken as reference is an artists rendering of how it would look like (for that split second before one was annihilated) from NASA's official website....

Can you see the tiny reflection of
Michelangelo's 'Creation of Man' (the God part) from the Sistine Chapel
in the dragons eye?...

The above composition came about after many revisions of an older version I almost went forward with...

Had more abstract shapes in this one, that I like,
but which I felt detracted from the main focus of the painting...

I may go in to the elements added to the composition when it's done, but hopefully it speaks for itself. Right now though it's ready to be put together on the canvas and get it on its way.... :)

p.s. Here's a mini sculpture I've done since, as reference for this painting...
p.s.s View Completed Underpainting here..



Comments

Popular Posts