Titikmerah Collective 1x1 - Group Exhibition (4th Edition)

 Finally getting round to writing about the recent exhibition I contributed one of my artworks for!.. 

I've been busy preparing to move house so I'm glad to get the chance with a little down time at the mo to write a little about the show now!.. 

Titikmerah Collective organised their 4th '1 x 1' Group Exhibition edition this year, bringing in a plethora of new and veteran talent for a thoroughly lovely collection of artworks all measuring just 1 x 1 foot each!


Ajim Juxta , one of Titikmerah Collective's founding members saying a few words at the opening!





Interesting conversations with artists Ellis Khan and Azra Azam!.. (Do check out their awesome work!)
Yes, that's me in the mustard dress I should say, since I hardly ever post pics of myself online!.. haha!



Taking in the show..



Held at Titikmerah's beautiful space, Greydea Studio in TTDI Kuala Lumpur, the opening was alive with lively conversations, melding the rich diversity integral to the Malaysian culture I love..



It was lovely showing my work live after so long.. I must admit I haven't done a smidgen to do so since my early artist days some 17 years ago.
I guess us artists have been lucky to live in a new era where we can share and make a living on our own with the world wide web alone, but since the pandemic I must admit I started to have an itch to share my work in person (besides the changing landscape of the online world). Not one to produce works specially for shows though, I didn't see anything that piqued my interest to join till Titikmerah Collective's  '1 x 1' open concept call this year.
So I'm honoured that my piece 'Vegvisir' was included by them!.. 




This past month has been more hectic with the house preparations than the next few months will be hopefully, (till the final pack up and move that is), so the art studio which has sadly been left idle during this time will finally get a final breath of life till I move to my new space!.. The art studio situation in the new place is quite uncertain at the moment though. In fact a lot of the next half year living situation is uncertain at the moment.. That's life though isn't it!.. I'm excited about the change though and will hopefully have good news to share in the coming months.. :)

Ta for now folks!.. :D


Comments

Popular Posts