2022

 Hi folks!.. I've quite neglected this here blog for quite a bit.. Two years have passed... We've all had our fill of em' two I think. Thought I'd post my favorite completed works of the two though..

Latest is 'Hubris' still awaiting its final varnish in January, so no proper picture yet!!

'Hubris'
Oil on Canvasboard
12 x 14.5 Inches

Painted using a technique similar to the Flemish glaze technique, I first started off with an umber underpainting in acrylic, then a dead layer with a predominantly Terra Verte hued mixture, and then finally multiple thin scumbled glazed layers of oil paint... I pretty much used the same technique I used to paint another piece I did years back. You can checkout the WIP for that piece at Ghost Rider.


This piece was actually just completed by early 2020, but might as well be included here since it hasn't been so yet!..

Reflective Infoxication'
Oil and Silver Metal leaf on Canvasboard
24 x 17 Inches


If you're interested, you can check out how it was created at


Below is a painting that is quite different from most of my work, however I think it still has many similar characteristics.. Either way I loved how it turned out and the richness of the palette used..
There is also a blog post about how this piece was created at

Vegvisir'
Oil on Canvasboard
10 x 10 Inches



The rest of the last year has been spent mostly on one of my most ambitious pieces yet, and hopefully you will see the next year interspersed with small studies for my latest painting.. These studies will actually be highly finished pieces in their own right and will be made available once they have served their purpose as reference for my final larger artpiece. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on my website Jacqueline Gomez Fine Artist!..

Ta for now folks!.. :)



Comments

Popular Posts