'Felix & I' Alla Prima ACEO


Hi all, I've recently begun to paint lil' ACEO's (Art Card Editions And Originals) . Which are highly collectable miniature artpieces, measuring just 2.5 x 3.5 Inches. 

It's been absolutely perfect for me to get a chance to try out the multitude of different techniques, styles & conceptual ideas I always have spinning around in my head, itching to be tried out, quickly and at a highly finished stage, building a base for future larger pieces I have in mind too. It's a bonus when these lil' ones are enjoyed and appreciated by the huge community of Aceo Collectors!... 

It's also been great for diversity in my practice as an artist too.. 
This time I decided it was about time I practised painting figures, even if only on a miniature scale.. 
So here's my first painted figure ever!


Winsor & Newton Oil on Primed Linen Mounted on Card
Size: 2.5 Inches x 3.5 Inches
Private Collection


Painted alla prima from a picture that was taken of me and me doggy when he was still a small pup..


A preliminary gestured sketch was done before hand with vine charcoal



Colours were pre-mixed before hand, so I could focus on laying each stroke of hue accurately with minimal adjustment,.. Adjusting colours on the surface too much would probably have ended in a muddy mess, especially with such a small and detailed piece. 
Two size 4 synthetic flat brights were used throughout without any medium.. 


Thats it for now, thanks for the peek!





Comments

Popular Posts