Starting from Scratch

When my nephew was about 2 years old, I endeavored to paint his portrait.. I was in college at the time and as assignments piled up the portrait in question got abandoned to the ever hopeful promise of finishing it Someday. ...

My nephew's 12 now...

Oil underpainting originally done for the piece...

p.s. the other day in a fit of sorting some old stuff out, I decided to continue where I'd left off . However after much deliberation and brainstorming I surmised that it needed nothing short of a complete overhaul. Thus I attempted to use turpentine and sand the underpainting off, but soon realized that after 10 years the paint wasn't going to budge and literally had to sand down to the raw canvas,.. I then got distracted with some other project and thus it still sits in a corner of my studio....

p.s.s. this was really just an excuse to post something since I haven't in some time,.. Seem to have gotten myself in to some unrelated graphic work for a bit and will get back to you with an update of the last painting I was working on (still a WIP) and a few " Materializing Inspiration" posts.. till then! .. :)



Comments

Popular Posts